Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 24-09-2023, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The guy boasting about legal salaries is really a greenhorn! I know very well about med and law salaries because I work as a private GO while my girlfriend works as an associate in A&G.

First of all, itís not a fair comparison if you compare private law firm salaries vis-a-vis MOHH salaries. A fairer comparison will be the Singapore legal service/legal aid bureau salaries with MOHH doctor salaries because both are public in nature.

Secondly, most doctors will leave MOHH after their bond expires for local grads/ when they get full reg for IMGs! No one will still stay on unless you are training in a residency.

$1000 a month increment for 7-8 years? Thatís pathetic . I received a DOUBLING of my monthly salary when I left MOHH after my bond to the private sector. Was earning $7500 a month as an MO, left MOHH after my bond and joined Healthway, now making $15000 a month!

Law will always fall behind Medicine, unless you get into an international firm where NQ salaries already start at $10000 a month. But how many actually get into those? About 5% of law grads I reckon.
Huh. Nobody is saying law is better than medicine leh.

But everyone can see that public doctors can a raw deal compared to just about any 'high-flying' careers in the private sector like finance or law.

Obviously the promised land for doctors is to go to private healthcare. But somebody has to man the barricades in PHIs, no? Maybe doctors who are more noble and devoted to serving patients than you lor.

You're setting up strawman arguments.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app