Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 01:57 AM
Unregistered

all that u said are correct. And the fact that teachers whine....is also correct. haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The teaching profession forms a large chunk of the civil service. However, there has not been much discussion about teacher's salaries. How much will a teacher/Subject head/HOD earn, in general, at the age of 30, 35 & 40? By the way, teachers are traditionally the KING of Whiners. U only need to recall how frequent you hear your friends who are teachers complain about the long working hours, heavy workload, recalcitrant students, unreasonable parents...just to name a few. And they get defensive and annoyed when others comment that they get to enjoy school holidays.

Before you classify teachers as whiners, please go talk to someone who understands the work of a teacher in Spore. Your comments are unfair and do injustice to the teaching fraternity. No I am not a teacher, in case you think I am one of the "whiners". I am work in energy trading related industry, and truth be told, I think being a teacher is tougher despite my P&L reponsibilities and sometimes, longer working hours.

Ask yourself, can u wake up at 5.45am everyday, teach (students if you are lucky, do scold you CCB occassionally) then do alot of stupid non value adding project groups, be in charge of an ECA (or CCA as they call it now), bring kids for excursions, reach home at 6pm, only to start marking scripts/workbooks/prepare lesson plans till 10pm. During the June/Dec hols, these poor sods are supposed to work as well, doing projects, attend workshops for self improvement etc. Beyond that, teachers are also role models for students, so they have to be morally and ethically upright...can you take all these nonsense for the pay they are getting ?

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app