Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Engineering Science degree? or business?
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 08:28 PM
arigatoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Coming from Engineering Science myself, I don't really see it as a "chapalang" course. In fact, in many aspects I find myself in a more privileged position compared to other engineering courses. In a way, you can say that we are more favoured by our professors such that frequent job offers for interns/research engineers are advertised to us. I've had great opportunity interning in the industry and in a research institute. I cannot understand why it was mentioned that first year students can attest to the "chapalang"ness of this course. Many of them have gone to higher education institutes abroad. The others join the workforce just like any other engineer.
hi unregistered,

i think u are talking about my post above. I have meant first 'batch' of eng sci not first year.

maybe i didnt state clearly, my 'first batch' actually means first batch of eng sci grad.

Yes i do agree u can have opp in research thru eng sci, but if u want a research career, any engine course can also lead u to research ( be it comp engine, bioengine, chem engine, mech engine etc)