Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Barclays
Thread: Barclays
View Single Post
Old 27-05-2012, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all, I am currently in Barclays graduate program for Technology Singapore. I used to intern in Barclays as well. Since interns and graduates are very close to each other here, we share information. Here's what I know:

BACK OFFICE (Interns and graduate)
Ops - 50000 SGD / yr
Finance - 55000 SGD / yr
Technology - 60000 SGD / yr

FRONT OFFICE (Interns only, not sure about grad)
Sales / Trading - 9600 SGD / mth

These figures are pretty accurate, especially for back office. For front office, The number is only basic salary, they do get profit sharing, bonus, and commission as well.

I havent include all the business areas (such as compliance, marketing, IB) as I'm not close to them. I only post what I know is correct. Note that this is only in Singapore, in HK / TKY, they get paid higher doing the same job.

Hope it helps! lastly, just want to say that barclays grad program is really good and fun!
I think the above figures are only for those in the graduate program which is only a small number of ppl and arguably hard to get in? What I mean is for eg. If one gets into the Ops grad program, one will draw 50k p.a. BUT if after grad I work first in another organisation before joining Barclays, then the salary may be lower than 50k (i.e. direct hires who are not under the graduate program will be paid differently..) So the above figures may seem very nice..but only the selected few who passed thru all the interviews and got offered into the graduate prog will draw that kinda salary..moreover foreign banks incl. Barclays are paying poor bonuses (if any) lately..just to give a more balanced perspective

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app