Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Really that bad for engineers?
View Single Post
Old 23-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Unregistered

He started off in Singtel but left after 1 year. Even though base pay was low he drew 7 months bonus. When he went to the new company, he negotiated on basis of his last drawn total package in Singtel. I think he got offered close to 4k in that firm. He stayed in that American software company for 1 year but moved on to another US firm based on an ex-colleague's recommendation. After a year, he tried to leave again. However as he was on some client project which if delayed would cost the firm quite significant financial penalty, he was offered a significant pay rise to stay. This was just after he got his bonus and increment for the year, so his pay went up quite significantly. He plans to jump ship again after the project ends. That's all I can share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Singtel and STengineering are both GLC, so that salary scale and increment will be almost the same.....

Really, it is very hard to hit 5k with 5 years exp in these 2 GLC, even you are a very outstanding performer, with at most 2 promotion in 5 years......

So I assume your bro last draw salary with ST just b4 he left is 5k ?? or can you give more info on that?

How long he stay in ST?
Last drawn pay with ST?
Current salary is 8k which you mention