Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 25-05-2023, 10:24 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Because being in uniform is a **** job. While the pay is higher than a DXO but the job scope is way more than a DXO. At least as a DXO, the pay tallys with the job scope. The current work environment I am in feels very toxic, and I don’t have work life balance. Also unfortunately I won’t be able to get out of my current posting any time soon and the job is draining me out mentally. So yes I would rather get lower pay and have more opportunities at a better work life balance.
I suggest you network yourself out of your job instead

Surely you have batch mates in nicer posts. Maybe their side has opening. Ask them intro you to their bosses. It won’t be an immediate solution but I feel it is better you stay uniformed.

I only have experience working with DXOs in DPOs and they don’t have much WLB either. While they feel their uniformed colleagues pull their weight, there is some mild resentment that they get paid more for the same job

Another solution is just to f care your performance grade and just go home when you need to be. Get F lor, get scolded lor. Decide what is impt. Go do no do wait for 10th