Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Can Singapore run without blue collar workers? why are we unappreciated?
View Single Post
Old 18-05-2012, 09:39 AM
Verified Member

bluecollarsingaporean is on a distinguished road
Question Can Singapore run without blue collar workers? why are we unappreciated?

Hi,

I'm a higher Nitec holder of an engineering course earning a gross $1450 per month

Do you think it's too low as compare to blue collars counter parts from other first world country Australia,NZ,US,Europe,Japan ?

To all white collars worker and academics,managements (many poor management skills) and thinkers.

What happens if no one fix your cars,toilet,aircon etc?

Do people look for white collar people when the MRT breaks down?

Oh the engineers only talk and thinks,they don't know how to DO stuff and make it work.

Since the society do not appreciate people like me and my contributions I would like to seek an advice from all the high paying managers and paper pushers

1) Please advice me on how do I get out of engineering and how do I pursue other field? with $1450/month in Singapore 2012 what choice do I have?

2) Any chances for me to work elsewhere (overseas) as I feel my contribution is look down upon and wages are depressed by cheap blue collars from 3rd world countries

I can't fight the trend am I?

I want to be paper pushers too and just point fingers to others (easy say then done right?)

thank you,
bluecollar(malay)Singaporean

p.s: Malay = lagi marginalized...

p.p.s: I hope I somehow represent all the other blue collar workers in Singapore as most of them do not have time for internet or just plain ignorant