Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 19-05-2023, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just one of the successful cases for me to share - I work in an European bank My colleague from another team graduated from SIM UOL course, joined the bank as a contractor and managed to get converted to a perm staff. He is now a relationship manager covering corporates (i.e. front office) doing pretty well. Of course, he is very diligent, lucky (bank did some restructuring of teams/people leaving leading to vacancies etc.), has a "powerful" boss to back him, and also most importantly know how to wayang/angkat bola (of course while being diligent).

To be open here, I also went to SIM-UOL course in 2010 but dropped out after 3 months as I felt that the I will become part of the many people graduating from private degree and will have difficulty securing a decent job in the future. Went to one of the top overseas Aus U in the end (dad spent a few hundred K on my education, thankfully I'm privileged enough to be supported). Ended up in the same position as the UOL guy (who spent like 30+k for a private degree?) I've mentioned above. Oh btw, a lot of my ex UOL classmates also went to top banks (Stan Chart/Barclays/JPM) but started off as contract staffs, but managed to secure perm roles after awhile. Of course again, hard work and persistence counts and also luck helps.

True story here and my 2 cents here.

Good luck
Not 30k, 24k, lul.