Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2023, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am R3 and recently had career talk by polyclinic HR.
Pay is around 200-220k/year once you hit AC which is around 3-4 years post mmed. (May be longer as more and more residents exit)

This is the annual package inclusive of all bonus (AWS, performance bonus, service component, quality component, and junior FP award- 50k for 3 years), idea is that once junior FP award- ends, you will get the pay increment as you promote to AC.
- just listing to prove that I am not a troll.

I know most chain groups are offering 15-16k for 44hr/week contract (not 60hr), with average of ard 1 month bonus.(depending on your performance of course). I know as I am asking ard coz I am considering leaving in July once the programme ends.

I guess that's work up to ard 200k as well? (Some allow you to squeeze your hrs, i.e you can work 4 long days, and get 3 days off, instead of the non negotiable 5.5 days in ops- abeit you get alternative sat off)

I was told that ops constantly revise so that mmeder can get pay comparable to most 44hr/week gp outside, to avoid losing people.
Unfortunately, there will always be groups who would pay more, and they are unable to match the pay of aesthetics sadly.

At the end of the day, it's not just about retaining mmeders, its about encouraging more juniors and gdfm people to do mmed as well. (They will only do if the money is good I guess)

And the problem with public is that your career and hence pay is VERY dependent on qualifications (i.e mmed and subsequently fellowship), whereas in private, they generally pay you based on hrs you can work, and revenue you can generate. (Which I guess is better if you really have no confidence in your ability to pass mmed- like me sadly)
so not a troll.
Good ey.

1. To me, it just sound like you not confident in ability to pass m.med otherwise u ok with a OPS career.

2. not entirely true about the qualification part.

3. if u can't pass m.med then private gps $200K per annum is really not bad compared to your MO pay ( which isn't too bad TBH nowadays).

4. most lao jiao GDFMers dont do M.med. Their basic after a few years already match a M.meder. They only lose out 600 dollars from their GDFM vs a m.med. If they are senior FP , there is no difference.

5. i guess u sorted out the different pathway. Good to have a plan.

6. jiayou la. normal in r3 to feel cannot pass. Those feel very zai in R3 50% end up failing based on my experience. If u want to really pass, suggest u stay R4 in ops. That's when u really REALLY improve because everyone preparing u for it, u preparing for it also and got a team of batchmates cry together. You go private land, its yourself la-la ing away one. Go home after 1 long day without any driver, all u want to do is netflix and chill and after a while u begin to tell yourself this is not bad, aiyah , why work hard -> you have gone to the dark side liao.