Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2023, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Are you still working for the ministry/sb that offered below your expectations? But other than pay, are the learning opportunities/progression/environment decent? For myself; the role offered is a career path that I’d like to pursue. But, realistically speaking, I will reject if the pay is below 3k.
Still working, there's a certain amount of time you have to stay in the role before you can jump unless you quit outright. Quit outright I'm sure will get blacklisted even though they tell you such thing doesn't exist.

Learning... There's a lot of things to learn because nobody is there to show you how to do things and there's no training etc, basically sink of swim and it's the usual junior staff but not doing junior work situation. Progression again need to be in the role for a minimum amount of time before considered for promotion, there's no such thing as being outstanding you will be promoted unless you're a scholar. It's why people always ask how long have they been in the role to compare progression because it's tied to the amount of years.

Environment is a toss up. Colleagues in the dept seem to be decent but the other people that I have to deal with are pretty toxic. The kind where they refuse to move and good luck since you need to stuff from them. How things are is also dependent on your boss as well. So I would say day to day it's fine but overall it's toxic. It can be tiring to chase people to do their work all the time as they get offended that you're asking them to do their jobs.