Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 28-03-2023, 01:17 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi guys, I have benefitted from this forum as this thread entertained me a lot when I first applied to be a DXO. So I thought I should share a little of my application timeline process (updated as at 2023) to give back to other promising peeps who are keen to join the DXO family when they see this!

Disclaimer:
- Can’t say more but I’m not a fresh grad
- To each their own, this application experience is solely mine and might not mean that it’ll happen for everyone.

Mid-end Dec’23: Apply for role in Impress.ai
Mid-end Jan’23: (1 month) Future supervisor contacted to ask for an interview
End-Jan’23: Head down to interview on site at Gombak hq, office tour
Start-Feb’23: Verbal confirmation + first contact with HR to submit medical declaration and supporting documents on impress.ai
2nd Week of Feb’23: G50 Security Clearance form created and to fill in details
Mid Feb’23: 1 week after, asked to go for Security Vetting 1 week later
Mid-End Feb’23: Security vetting session
End Mar’23: HR got back with salary comp, schedule for signing

Security Vetting takes at least 2 weeks to be cleared, (mine took 18 days), but HR only contacted after another 2 weeks or so.

So total waiting time after Security Vetting session: 4-5 weeks

Based on my experience, it takes about 1-2 weeks for HR to revert to your email. They are super nice and friendly about it so I believe it’s not intentional, the delay is probably due to lots of communication across departments to get definite approvals everywhere.

I got lucky with a nice supervisor who would keep me updated with my application (hence i knew when my security clearance gets cleared), but ultimately it still lies on the HR to get back to you.

I was in lots of anxiety waiting too, but I did notice that the role I applied got taken down around the time I submitted my G50 form in mid-Feb. So I had more faith that things will go well.

All the best everyone! I can say that I have not regretted waiting and am excited for my future!
Hi! Mind sharing if your clearance is at Cat 1 or 2A level?