Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 20-03-2023, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
All the talk about scholar vs non-scholars made me realise that some are rally disillusioned. I am a farmer, consistent A and B since the day I joined the school more than a decade ago, and I can safely tell you that paths of scholars are mapped out, and because of that, perf grades and cep are also ingeniously crafted to ensure that they are accelerated on their path to take on SLship or high leadership roles in HQ. They do not even need to assume the role of hod to move up to VP, simply appearing and disappearing between schools and HQ and somehow they are magically transformed into one ready for higher appointments.

While I consistently performed well in school and have tried out every single possible roles that brought about school/cluster/national impact, promotion came much slower. Cep… ultimately still basing it on paper qualification. Discussion about SLship was met with smokescreen, since many SLs themselves do not have good capabilities to develop people. A number of my friends (hod from different schools) face similar predicament. Career hod…what can we do?
I agree with you about the scholars. Many people here say that "oh during ranking KPs will be fair", but that's not always the same across all schools.

However, your batch was already quite lucky to have made it to HOD levels. If you look at the younger officers, their chances are now even slimmer, especially for non scholars. In fact, it's hard to even get CONSISTENT A and B grades for non scholars.