Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 19-03-2023, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I know that in private, it's more about what you can do (i.e performance) rather than qualifications itself.

I was wondering, even if one doesn't pass mmed, will the knowledge that one gain from preparing from it be useful or beneficial in gp land? especially with this whole healthier sg initiative. (Starting with htn/hld/dm, but I believe there are probably plans to spread to other chronic disease in the cdmp in the future).

Don't know man.. this is coming from myself, a very disillusioned R3 who feels that he will never pass mmed (especially after attending the monthly clinical practice sessions by my faculty), and trying desperately to convince myself that I am doing the right thing in life...
more than enough.

Don't buy too much into the healthier SG thing. Its KPI based and they are not gonna find it financially rewarding managing the poorly controlled DM on 4 OAH , 3 anti hypertensives , overweight and smoking to earn a $25 consult fee. Probably metformin / glipizide cannot control refer to poly liao.
See urti sell MC , pseudo meds like leftose with a course of standby augmentin nets u more money.

normal to feel u cannot pass at R3 level. Trust me , R4 time u will suddenly improve a lot one.

what's up with the GPs in this thread? Find it amusing that they keep assuming that residents / m.medders cannot survive in the real world. No need to keep harping like a broken record man. Macham like the buay tak chek kids keep telling everyone they are street smart and will make it big in the real world while the booksmart kid not flexible in life and will just farm their 4K salary after university degree.