Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 18-03-2023, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Junior litigation and arbitration lawyer from one of the local unis. Been thinking about applying to do a masters for the experience of studying and living abroad, branding and networking. Possibly even working abroad for 2 years. What do you all think about the worth of a Harvard LLM, Oxford BCL and Cambridge LLM. Specifically interested in the Cambridge LLM because of personal reasons. Would it make a difference to my profile and appeal to recruiters and firms (both international and local), and is the Cambridge LLM significantly less prestigious than the Harvard LLM or Oxford BCL. I see a number of judges having the Cambridge LLM, but I keep hearing that the other two are much highly regarded.

Appreciate any constructive views given the financial costs involved. Thanks a million in advance!
Cambridge LLM is slightly less prestigious but it doesn't really matter from a private practice standpoint, as employers care more about your experience and grades. All three are considered brand name unis and which you choose won't be the deciding factor.