Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 23-04-2012, 12:38 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
WOW! Singaporeans have such wishful thinking! Half of these guys posting on this forum claiming excess of 100k per annum are in my opinion practically jobless. How many IB associates or "high income earners" have the time to even post on this forum? They don't even have time to sip a cup of coffee.

About Me
Gas Trader at Shell
Graduated in 2008 from NUS with 2nd Upper (4.2 CAP) and was my First Job
2008 - 2009 48K + 2K bonus
2009 - 2010 56K + 7.5K bonus
2010 - 2011 56K + 4K bonus

Almost all of my colleagues with similar experience earn in this range and even the increments are proportionate. I work 10 hour days on average and 16 hour days occasionally (once a month). I am 27 this year. And I am happy with my pay honestly. I have spoken to many friends of mine both in the civil service and finance industries. The highest income earner for last year among our friends was an insurance agent for 8 years and his income was 190k but even he admitted it was a very lucky year and would be hard to sustain such a payscale for long. The rest of them are not far off from what I earn as well.

And to be honest, me with my 'low' income already had trouble getting a hdb house with my future wife because we crossed the income ceiling set by hdb. We eventually got our application approved with the help of our MP, but still, even with my low income I did not meet the criteria for a hdb flat, I wonder how all these guys that claim to earn such high pay scales manage to slip under the radar! Also with such high pay scales do these guys skip reservist??

I really wish these guys who make such elaborate claims really do land the jobs that they 'dream' of and also wish people would be more honest on these forums.
Mate - I know who you are la.. and believe me - your time will come!!!!