Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Really that bad for engineers?
View Single Post
Old 21-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

The CEP thing used in civil service is a load of crap, which explains the mentality of what we are seeing now in the incumbent civil servants/Govt (in Spore, these 2 are mixed up sadly). Granted the CEP may be reviewed once every 1-2 years, but the initial CEP score will already prejudice the person.

How can one's estimated potential be gauged at the first 2-3 interviews ? If so, alot of the towkays in Spore who are non grads (some PSLE only) will be ranked at the bottom.

I personally believe scholars are clever until proven stupid whilst its the other way round for non scholars. But for the latter, if they prove themselves at work, why is there still a glass ceiling for them to move further up in the civil service ? All should be granted an equal chance.

This admin service platform in civil service is also a load of crap. These people are earning what a trader will earn in a bank/trading house and have no P&L responsibilities. Sucking up to bosses, writing policy papers, etc.

I personally will love to see these scholars exit the system and try their hands in a corporate entity with P&L responsibilities; cut out the sucking up & ********, craft the plan and deliver the results. $ and cents talk at the end of the day, not the wayang and opera.

Disclaimer - I have never been in the civil service because I am a local farmer U grad with 2nd Uppers, so decided against joining such a system. Have been with local and foreign MNCs for the last 10 years.