Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2023, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

In Singapore it's quite easy to calculate. You take average annual salary, let's say 65k average, multiply that by the amount of years you have left.

So if you have 2 million cash, divide by 65k annual, it will last you 30 years of a simple life.

Also take into account food cost and inflation. You 100% cannot survive just eating hawker food, let alone they are unhealthy and lacking in nutrients.

Utilities $100 PM is also unrealistic. Electricity cost is higher now and might increase in the future also when we get more tech advancement, you will 100% use more electricity for your tech gadgets unless you want tell me you wanna be frog in well and use 0 tech.

This is why people should always strive for the highest possible income and savings or have side gigs that are inline with inflation.

You don't know how much your $5m SGD will be worth 20 years down the road. The guy saying 200k annual is poor af, I agree with him, 200k annual is nothing. My parents make 500k annual and still can't retire.

As you earn more money you spend more to balance out the stress, etc. No one in the world earns 200-500k annual and goes back to his/her 1 room HDB and spend nothing lol that's nonsense.