Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 16-01-2023, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I’m not asking for advice lol — I was replying, as someone who made the jump to a better place. It’s a tedious and painful process but very worth it. This may surprise you but people do leave in the middle of a TC or drop a TC late in the timeline and they open up spots that aren’t necessarily advertised. A lot of your success depends on timing and you can count on everyone else thinking it’s impossible and not even bothering to check or try so late in the period. There’s certainly no harm in trying. Obviously before you jump you need to secure an offer first, so what is the harm? I don’t understand why you’re trying to convince juniors something is hopeless and not even worth the attempt but it’s got more to do with your issues than their situation. Frankly if your point was that some places don’t offer TCs maybe you would’ve had a point. But that’s not the topic here is it?
What you’re in essence trying to say is no harm shooting for that slim chance at getting a TC with an intl outfit because hey, nothing is impossible right?

What I am trying to say is it’s practicable advice to finish your TC and look to lateral afterwards. I don’t think there is anything in that which remotely hints that it’s hopeless and not worth the attempt. I question your competence as an advisory otherwise.

So it does seem like you’re living in your dream, and more power to you that you’ve managed to switch to an intl outfit midway through your TC at a b4 (taking this at face value and giving you the benefit of doubt).

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app