Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Really that bad for engineers?
View Single Post
Old 15-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I agree.The west holds better opportunities for engineers. In Singapore, engineers are very limited by the technologies. Ask yourself, say for HP, where will you develop and research your future advanced products? Singapore? Maybe... But the west is the more probable. If the cutting edge technologies are mostly found there, then thats where engineers will have their chances. I am speaking from my experiences.
Hello,

You are unfortunately right. Singapore never aspired to be an engineering hub, not even in my time.

You have felt the same way as I did. We have had many years of experience in this field.

Young graduates, you will earn the most from hearing what we have to say.

Engineering is an excellent career. But the most important lesson I'd like to advocate is that you have to be passionate in what you do. Once you did, you will find work to be so much of an enjoyment and you will perform to your best. That's how you succeed.

If you are in engineering school because you have a passion of engineering, fiddling with gadgets since young, gets excited to see how things work, remember that's your passion. If you are not, you have to find what you love. Don't go to where the money is. That's not how the world works. Money goes to where the best people are.

Richard/