Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2023, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's not a new system per se but perhaps more accurately, a dismantling of the "old" system to focus more on meritocracy. Some examples of the "old" system:

- people naturally progress based on time in the past. So a manager can expect to become a senior manager in 5 years, an AD by 10 years and so on.
- In the promotion year, you get a "default" C grade, and you can't be promoted in the next year.

These old "rules" will be much less rigid in the new system. Capable people can be promoted much faster and in consecutive years. If you are in the civil service, you'll know this is almost unheard of in the past. Conversely, this also means average people may be promoted much slower.

Obviously none of the above is spelled out to all officers, but I am a direct beneficiary of the changes having been promoted twice in the last 2 years. As to whether this new "philosophy" applies to just MX, I think it's probably across Civil and Public Service.
Based on the old system, I heard a B grade 2 years in a row gets you a promotion. Is there a rule like this under the new system?