Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - ITE Polytechnic Scheme
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2023, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
folks, I will be joining as a lecturer in March 2023. My starting salary is 4k. I have 3 years work experience in the industry.

I want to stay in the polytechnic for the next 10-15 years.
Salary wise, could someone shed a light on how much salary should I expect in next 5 years and 10 years? How many years does it take for promotions?
Lol, I joined in March a few years ago. I'll say based on my experience.

For your first year, definitely expect a C grade and pro-rated bonuses. Take the first 2 years to get used to the job and don't chiong KPIs. There will be some training to complete so spend more time on those.

It is quite hard to say what your progression will be like as there's a lot of factors behind it. I have people in my dept who have been there for 10 years and still havent gotten their senior lecturer promotion yet. For promotion, you can expect once every 5-6 years. But that also comes down to your department. If you have a good RO, he/she will prompt you on when to step up. Another way you can look at it is your salary ceiling. Each IPS also has a salary range, if you hit the top limit or are close to it, then you should be due for promotion. But they recently increased this top limit, so you can expect to take a longer time to hit the ceiling.

Its good to look long term, but pls be prepared to go back to the industry every few years. Things are changing so fast, that my older colleagues are having trouble keeping up with the changes.