Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 21-12-2022, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Currently a GEO3 and is damm burnt out. I joined teaching because I really love teaching and kids, like I already knew this was what I want in secondary and worked towards it. But the other roles and nonsensical stuff has worn me out. I had monthly migraines and went for a check, the TCM doctor said she couldn't feel my pulse and asked what job made me this stress.

So, this made me rethink my career choice. I'm thinking of doing secondment and leave the school setting for a few years. Otherwise, is to take my CONNECT PLAN next year and leave this system entirely. Should I go for secondment first? And if yes, will my pay be readjusted or remain the same?
I will say go for open posting and learn new skills either from HQ or another agency (secondment). Because to be honest difficult for private to match EO pay if you don’t have the relevant skills except for tuition agencies. After you are in HQ or another agency/ministry, try to do well and then you can either hop from there or change to MX scheme.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app