Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 13-12-2022, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The raison d'etre of SUSS was to fill the shortage of crim and family lawyers. That's exactly where they should be. That was the founding mandate and charter of the 3rd law school and how it was sold to all stakeholders in the legal industry (during the height of the glut, I might add).

Any complaints now that SUSS grads aren't getting the plum corporate or comm liti jobs constitute an implicit repudiation of that charter and betrayal of that trust.

For family law, the most mid tier you would go is Harry Elias.

For crim, I don't think we exactly have a shortage of people wanting to go into the white-collar defense teams and investigations. We need more blue collar defense counsels and CLAS and LASCO counsels. That's done mostly by small firms and "Chinatown" firms. Perhaps we will see some SUSS grads employed by the new Public Defender's Office.
But bro, the suss law degree not cheap. Nearly 160k. Passion is passion, but why should one slave away for "passion"??? How can one pay for this law degree on top of pursuing normal things like getting married z buying a house, and having children?

I do have some desire to do criminal law. But the cost of the degree turns me off. It is too expensive. I cannot afford it without metaphorically killing myself. I believe one must take care of themselves before they can take care of others.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app