Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 13-12-2022, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
As a case in point, there was a year where I organised a camp for all UGs, prepared logistics and paperwork for overseas trip and even did extra stuff like maths Olympiad training, organise post exam activities, all on top of T&L and, committee work and CCA. And yet still get B grade. Really makes me wonder what it takes to get an A. MOE just never fails to disappoint.
I got A before as a GEO3 internally appointed SH, covering my HOD who was away on study leave. So I was doing most of a HOD's job, less the reporting load, but with full teaching load, FTship, CCA and three committees. Virtually every weekend and half of protected time was burnt. 0/10 would not recommend. In the end the extra PB means nothing. You can do tuition instead and earn the PB difference much more easily.

I still had to wait 4 years as a GEO3 to be promoted to GEO4. My CEP is not trash either, I got selected for FHQ posting. But whatever, it doesn't matter anymore. Threw letter this year. Slight paycut at the moment, but once you have tasted real work-life balance and an employer that really respects it, you will never look back. It's like flying in business class for the first time in your life.. taking a bite out of the forbidden fruit.