Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Best place to look for a job
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayBuddy View Post
actually in my openion the online job portals are becoming more and more sophisticated and popular in reacent years, due to the constant improvements in the internet.

As we can see apple applications and internet business fetch a very high price in current context, which shows that the demand for such portals are very high.

Rather than sticking to the conventional job agencies and 1-1 interaction style, (which i have been actively participating as well), i feel that the internet deserves an equal if not larger chance as well.
Job portals are already saturated by job agencies many years ago, roughly 60% jobs posted on portal are by agencies, 20% under outsourcing arrangements (i.e. agencies using hirer's logo instead of their own) and only 20% by hiring companies themselves.

Going through job portal is no different than calling up or making a trip directly to agency offices. Some companies have long abandoned portals and are going for social media like linked in, but even these are invaded by hordes of agencies now.

I think you're 7 years behind the technological curve buddy.