Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2022, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

Default Moving to bigger firms 3PQE

Hi seniors, what is the salary to expect for in-house role in the Banks?

2PQE corp assoc, with medium sized practice, below market rate salary (Chinatown level pay, but not in a chinatown firm). FCH, not a very good overseas uni.

I think I’m currently at a sweatshop with no prospects and future. Jaded with the management, although I like 1-2 of the JPs I’ve worked with that have provided adequate mentorship

Recent events have made me want to leave practice/moving sometime in Mar 2023 to go in-house, or getting to Big 5, or those on the larger end of the medium size practices, or international.

Applications wise,

1. Notice in my contract is 2 months. How far ahead should I put the commencement date

2. Should I mention to prospective interviewers I am planning on a holiday which explains for a later start date?

3. Shortly after I signed contract with my firm, I was shortlisted by a Big 4 (which I won’t specify) interview. Unfortunately I had to turn the interview down and informed that Big 4’s HR. I felt it was bad of me to just attend the interview since I’ve already signed on my my current firm. Would I be black listed if I try to reapply there? I have been with my current practice for >6 mths. I never seriously believed I would get called up by a Big 4, as I’m from a not very good overseas uni, which was why I signed contract with my current firm.