Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 29-11-2022, 02:04 AM

hobblewobble is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
3.3k is crap, no matter what field you are in for a NUS FCH.
Most civil service now already 4.8-5k for a FCH. You deserve more.
Thanks for replying. Yes, I was shocked when I heard her say 3.1-3.3k. She made it sound as though 15-16th month bonus is a guarantee, hence 3.3k x 15 months would meet my salary expectations of 4k x 12 months.

But like… isn’t it called a BONUS for a reason? I don’t mind her calculating my base pay by taking into consideration the 13th month AWS, but trying to calculate my base pay based on an assumed 15 month bonus (which are variables) sounds ridiculous to me…

I’m not sure if she’s just new or something because she asked me if Highest Distinction (NUS’s new term for FCH) is a second upper. Lol.

I asked if me having FCH means I’ll get a higher pay compared to my peers and she said no, it’s based on how relevant my degree is. But my degree is literally the exact degree asked for in the job description..?? Weird. She then asked me to alert her if any other company gives me an offer so that they can expedite their process so… hopefully this means I can still negotatie for higher pay :/

Anyways, I don’t think I’ll accept anything lower than 3.6k for monthly base pay, especially since they said long working hours are a given in this job :/