Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Roles in accenture singapore
View Single Post
Old 27-11-2022, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lols I’m from consulting and I don’t even see much TOM or BPR projects in the pipeline. Change projects are in abundance.

I think beyond L9, fun projects aren’t the priority anymore. It’s all about prospects. Tech projects do have more budget for promotion beyond L9 and they pay better bonuses compared to consulting.
If you’re from consulting you should know the fact why there’s more change roles because every implementation/tech project needs change component LOL. You don’t see much of consulting projects because they usually don’t put it up for application, such projects pull in people from their networks. Tech projects to be specific only H&PS projects have more budget but that doesn’t translate into better promotion for its people. I have been in H&PS projects before and many analysts under TAP who hit the one year mark by mid May aren’t put up for promotion despite the one + two. Many had to past the one year mark to only get a chance in end dec. Take for example this end year promotion, all of the one year mark analysts in the change pod are promoted and those snr analyst either hit their 2 year mark or even less than 2 year mark were promoted to consultant. I’m not from the change pod but I know this as my counselee is in the pod. Yes, tech people may not be happy with this, but this is just what reality is. Those consulting people in the change pod are a guaranteed transition into S&C T&O which is the same as our past consulting program for consulting hires. In fact, if you’re looking at L9 onwards, consulting hires have a faster progression as compared to its tech counterparts. There are an abundance of tech people, Accenture mass hires them (just look at the ratio of consulting hires and business&integration offers in TAP monthly), how do you fight for your promotion when there’s so many others to be promoted? To sum it up, those who got into consulting either wants to do consulting have the skills and experiences, or they want the prestige and move out afterwards, or they just want a faster progression. Even those who end up going into the tech dte aren’t doing real tech work, that’s why they jump out to other tech firms which provide better opportunities because as much as how Accenture has a brand to it, many of the “tech” projects are implementation…