Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Chevron COBRA assesment, please help!
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 05:06 PM

hopeful is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
haha... you never share about the test?
Ok, I try my best to describe the test.

Its a 4 hour self-paced assessment. The objecttive of the test is to monitor various controls of a simple refinery to obtain the desire production target without hitting any safety alarms (Temp, Pressure, fiuld levels..etc..)

The 1st 2 hours will explain how each control (Fan power, heater power, valves...etc) affect the various parameters...PAY CLOSE ATTENTION in this part. Here you will understand which control to modify to rectify the simulated problem that may arise.

The 3rd hour is for practising a few scenerios, (example: the program will tell you one of the valve is stucked, so you might need to set the fan power higher to reduce the pressure...) Things like that.

The 4th hour is the test, got 4 scenerios, if you work fast can actually finish in under 4 hours. The last scenerio some of the alarm you can't avoid. So be prepared. Just pay close attention and use the trend graph and most will have no problems.

I'm pretty nervous after this, I think I did well in the test. But there are so many more hurdles to go through, really keeping my fingers crossed!

Btw, are you working in chevron now?