Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Service Merit Increment 2012
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslee View Post
Thanks for sharing. I was wondering if STE is really that "stingy" they would have lost all good ppl to agencies like DSTA, A*star, mindef, MHA etc, given their "close relationships" with these agencies. Now, I understand what keep them in STE. Btw, there can never be cash or share options in government sector.
Regarding share option:

Yes all staff after 1 year with this company can buy shares using 10% of their salary, the company will top up another 50% of the 10% you contribute to buy shares on monthly basis.

you will receive dividends as the company release dividends info in SGX.

all staff of the rank of senior engineer and below got the above shares scheme..

all those rank above senior engineer will get another type of scheme, but kind of fug up, need to wait for after 3 years to get the free shares given to you 3 years ago....is like delayed.....

Heard from my father that the old scheme is better, ie , you are give like few lots of shares to buy in at a maybe 30-50% discounted rate...

Exxon mobil also got similar scheme but not shares, they top up their salary 5% cash incentive similar like that...

Compare to MOE teacher, DXO....they also got like vesting scheme for them, like every 4 years they are entitled few K of lump sum to them, SAVER scheme to SAF officer, Retirement scheme to Senior police officer...etc....