Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Thinking to switch from Private to Government sector
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

Don't worry.. I'm quite sure MOE will not even consider your application even if you applied since your distance learning degree is not recognised by civil service.. your age is a little too old compared with the usual mid-career switch applicants.. they usually prefer local U grad with good honours ard the age of 30 - 35....
You might stand a better chance of entering a stat board since they are more flexible.... but most likely you will have to take a pay cut... They usually do this because they know you are dying to get out from private sector into a more stable & cushy job with less stress... Good luck!!..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huston View Post
Hi,

40yrs old. Male. Thinking of embarking a new journey at the Government/Public sector. Got tried of doing the same thing and always overseas. I started out with a Diploma in Engineering and later obtain a 2nd Upp Hons Degree in BusinessMarketing from MDIS since year 2000.
Work in Engineering Assy in MNC for 4 yrs. Later a Assist. Manager in a local manufacturing firm and promote to Product Manager. Spend 10 yrs. Currently getting between 50-60K/annual.

Do you think i can get the same pay from the Public/Gov sector ? Not going MOE, i'm not cut-out to be a teacher.