Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - LTA (Land Transport Authority)
View Single Post
Old 13-10-2022, 09:02 AM
Unregistered

Default Help me with LTA Offer - To Join or Not to Join

Hi all,

I really hope to have some kind-hearted advice. I have received an offer from LTA, and have been sitting on it for quite long and not accepted the offer yet. The deadline is tomorrow.

I'm currently in the private sector (was in the public service previously for more than a decade) at the moment. I am happy with the work, pay, location, colleagues, environment, etc. But the thing is, LTA's offer is about 12% higher (significant?) and it will help me in my leadership track as it is a managerial position and I'll be leading a team. I like the role as well.

But I've heard so many horror stories about LTA and its high staff turnover rate. Even at the interview, the panel said that the turnover is very high and in fact, there were a few vacancies for me to choose from. That is extremely unlike any public service agency interview, as you would know.

I am happy in my current role, but at the same time, I really wanna move on the leadership track at LTA. But, I'm just afraid of jumping to the wrong ship and end up sinking.

Could any kind souls advise me please?