Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - where to get the best job?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmb11152 View Post
my passion is green energy. but working in the green business earns peanuts in singapore and i dont want to work in banks as i think they are highly inethical. I have to balance between passion and practibility. Where can i command the best pay with the good career prospect?

my intention is to get into a mnc, climb up the corporate ladder until i have steady financial backing and authority, before moving on to the green business to do my part.
To be honest, despite being a First Class Honours student there are still clear grammatical errors in the quote above.
"inethical" doesn't exist. "unethical" is the right term
"practibility" ?!... u meant to write "practicality"?

Also, as someone had already mentioned above, I had to agree that your questions showed that you lack 'depth' in your thought process.

Instead of demanding for "Where can i command the best pay with the good career prospect" (again, the use of "the" in this sentence is grammatically redundant), you should be considering 2 things:
what can you give & contribute to your employer?
what can you learn from the job and what the company can give you in return?

The more you can contribute to the firm, and the more skills you acquire and excel while performing your tasks for the benefits of the firm, the more value you generate as an employee.