Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Roles in accenture singapore
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey I’m one of the cases which you talked about. Hahaha one of my friend told me to share my experience cos he saw your post 😂 so thought may be able to help those who are curious. But just to clear the misconception ah, business and integration analyst are not being changed to consulting development analyst. Consulting development analyst are titles for analysts under consulting track, they are mainly hired to do consulting.

Background of myself is that I wasn’t offered consulting when I applied for Accenture, so I just took the business and integration offer and I worked in this role for one year. I’m very fortunate to met one of the consulting lead in my project and she helped to refer me to consulting track lead. So I had to justify my reason of wanting to switch to consulting and my skills, have to interview. So I managed to switch from my previous business and integration analyst to consulting development analyst and now belong to consulting track. But it’s not easy as you really need strong network and the consulting lead need to be willing to take you in. I have a few peers who tried but failed and remain in their current tech analyst.

But tbh even till now I’m still offered roles such as developer and business analyst in projects, although I switch to consulting but seem to have a difference as compared to those consulting analyst who were hired in directly into the consulting track without needing a switch. They tend to be the ones filling the consulting roles in projects. Not sure how the company segregates actually backend internally. Even when I tried applying for strategy roles in projects, I don’t even get a chance to be interviewed while my friends who were originally consulting development analyst right from the start get to interview. So really think twice if it’s worth the effort to make the switch from tech to consulting cos yes now I get the title but I’m not getting the roles, I’m doing the same tech roles. But I know one or two cases who came in as consulting development analyst but realise they enjoyed the tech roles more so they switch to business and integration analyst. I would say switch from consulting to business and integration is much easier as compared to switch from business and integration to consulting.

If you really want consulting analyst position, whole process is easier if get the consulting offer right from the start.. if you want to make the switch feel free to let me know I’ll see if can help you ah. But don’t expect too much cos you still end up with the tech roles, they really keep the consulting roles for those who were hired directly for consulting
Thanks man for sharing your experience! Congrats that you managed to switch to what you wanted. We have some people asking also during the analyst school and the faculty was saying not everyone is suitable for S&C and once they are in they may feel that they can’t survive there. This sounded quite scary like I know it’s competitive and all but have been hearing some seniors sharing how the consulting team in projects are very small like a handful of consulting analysts and strategy analysts only. So the workload auto become like a lot