Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - STOP THE MISINFORMATION: SG Salary Guides For Accounting, Banking, Finance & IT
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are basically looking at Glassdoor and concluding they are more reliable because the numbers are lower or "down to earth".

The fact is you have no idea how much DBS AVP is paying unless you can access their HRIS system. You are just concluding it is more OK because you think DBS AVP should be paid at around 78k.

I for one do not believe DBS AVP is paid at 78k, it's way too low, works out to only 6.5k p.m. Very unlikely.
We all do not know unless we are a DBS AVP. But we can make intelligent conclusion based on simple common sense.

1. Who (Robert Half or the contributor of Glassdoor) has more incentive to inflate salary?
2. How likely is a contributor to Glassdoor to defllate the salary of DBS AVP?

My common sense tell me
1. Robert Half has an incentive to inflate salary stated.
2. A contrinbutor to Glassdoor is less likely to deflate his/her salary and hence when he/her state that is his AVP salary is 78K it is likely he/her is stating the truth and not lying.

Both of use do not have access to DBS AVP salary but your conclusion is based on simply "gut feel" without any logic while mine is based on simple analysis and common sense.