Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 20-09-2022, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what u are talking is capitation my dear friend. It is not a good thing.

Anyway, not sure why u getting so excited with more work.
as it is , 10 minutes to handle a run of the mill DM, HTN, HLD patient already not enough time liao and now u talking about subspecialty care?

come i teach u how to write the sentence "DIE CORK STAND'

Anyway, share care is not easy la. Your RA share care already trial by prof Goh Lee Gan and Dr Anita Lim from NUH -> go search the paper. Not economically viable.

CKD quite common la -> many ESRF patient decline RRT dun want go back renal we see a lot what. Just very sian to do the full ABCDEF renal consult, write special bicarbonte order stuff , etc. Give me time i actually very happy to do it. At least not so boring. but I DONT HAVE TIME.

Piang ey. Dont get me started on screening services.
- today one lady bring in a 0.5 inch thick fodder from private healthcare screening package and hold and behold actually got a memo. I was initially quite stoke a GP actually write a memo. But then read liao write might as well don't write

54 year old lady. The letter goes..

1. BMD show osteopenia. Pls manage.

2. There is high cholesterol and fatty liver. pls manage

3. There is haematuria and oxlate crystals in urine. pls manage.

hello.
T score -1.1. Pls la , calculate a FRAX score at least. Why u even do a BMD in a low risk patient is beyond me but okay, u want money.
High cholesterol ? yea, the LDL is 2.8. High your head la
Fatty liver ? FIB 4 score low until cannot low . Ask her to lose weight la
hematuria -> hello repeat UFEME la.

Bloody brainless, this screening GP essential just copy part of the report that is red into a memo and write ' pls manage after it'

After going through the above, the lady want me to explain the entire health screening booklet to her.

I tell her no way in hell politely.

Healthier SG will just result in more of the above coming into polyclinic. The private sector reaps the financial benefits selling expensive packages , hire a bunch of brainless GPs / or GPs who can't be bothered but very nice smile smile and transfer the entire burden of doing unnecessary test into the public sector.
Does that mean that it is better or easier to go gp land then? Can do the simple brainless stuff for good financial reward and taichi to polyclinic?
Good excuse is we don't have these medicine here, you can only get subsidized referral in ops etc.