Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 19-09-2022, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Work hard will pass one la.
M.med is not the be or none. Polyclinic m.med salary gives u little incentive to leave.
U still get v good training in residency and will show up when u do Ur work
My batch failed m.med one all doing well lei.
Other than the girls who work 8 to 5 and become mother, the most bey gan one anchoring clinic also pay more tax than my average one month salary
The best one got 5 clinic under his name. He plan to sell out in 5 years and retire.
The R4 who posted earlier. Always good/reassuring to hear that there will still be food on the table without mmed. Lol

But on a serious note, if I am unable to pass mmed, (i.e after 3 tries) would it better for me to leave polyclinic and join gp the long run career wise as I am not sure if there is a future for gdfm pple in ops (given that they are accepting so many residents nowadays)

Similarly if I do pass mmed, I know the pay in ops is decent. However would life outside be better/easier (if one ignore the hours as I am currently single and don't mind working nights/weekend) as someone highlighted earlier gpland generally more acute cases and mc seekers, while ops is catered more to the complex chronics with multiple co-morbids.

Just thinking of my career scenarios post mmed in both directions (be it I pass/fail)