Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2022, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Also I suspect Covid / work from home really weakened the bonds between teams.

Last time we will feel bad, and just suck it up to not disappoint our seniors who we view as close friends going through thick and thin together.

Now they view seniors as just a person or a name on the other end of the zoom call, some more a lot people don’t even turn on camera.

Naturally you don’t feel bonded or committed to this person.
This bonding thick-and-thin rubbish is all toxic. It's like a gang. Brainwash and guilt-trip you to do stupid things at personal expense for loyalty towards the group. In audit's case, just replace loyalty with nonsense concepts like professionalism and steady increment make partner blah blah.

Good thing covid and WFH expose all this rubbish. I think it's only a good thing that youngsters nowadays are exposed to more options and see through more of these corporate sneaky exploitative behaviours.

If audit wants to remain an attractive sector, they really need to up their game and change their mindsets. I'm very doubtful that the toxic Gen X partners can change though. Most have the last time I suffer so you must also suffer mindset. Plus they can just keep importing jhks to undercut the market cos anything they earn in Singapore is many times better than back in bolehland.