Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2022, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There were second lower to FCH. It is not the ideal job for FCHs even in those times, but you do see a couple of FCH doing it and it was seen as a viable starting career. Not well paying, but you get a decent base after a couple of years and there is an guaranteed upgrade of responsibilities overtime (career progression).

Hours are bad, and the culture could be bad or bearable depending on which team and seniors/managers that you are working with. People do complain alot too. But if there are deliverables and timeline, people will put in the hours and badger the clients to get things done. If one dislikes it, we will just leave after 1 - 4 years. Typically, you will have 50% +- per batch to last till senior 2nd year, and 20%+- last till manager.

I am not sure how different it is now. I could see how there would be a ton of complaints or a higher level of unwillingness to join the industry. But I assume for those who joined, basic work ethics and principles such as meeting deadlines and completion of deliverables are being uphold?
Also interested to join hows the team composition. Like a lot local or jhk. And whether mgr review the work or jusr short cut stuff when deadlines are tight. Some even with no work done etc. Does that happen a last time. Seems quite common nowsaday. Can understand why more ppl complain audit is a bullshyt job now. And u not even sure those mgr are competent enough or bcos they stay long enough to be at that position.