Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 25-03-2012, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean View Post
private sector in NOT stable at all, FT, kanna mark for Reservist thingy/retrenchment....very stress...got customer good appraisal but boss yet doesnt show any appreciation give you average grading...etc...+ very lousy increment in private sector........cant even hit 3.9k in 5 years with 1 promotion

I prefer more stable/work-life balance/nice increment/more relax..no FT, support reservist thing...etc in civil service
Pte sector is volatile..thats true. But they can pay much better than the public sector depending on the sector. With the given forcast for this year, I doubt guys in public sector maybe getting anything close to what they have been getting in the past.

I come from the pte sector and have been climbing up the ladder from junior exec starting with a base pay of $2k back then. Now I am at a comfortable 7.5k after working for 7 years. Increment is dependent on your performance. It maybe bad in some places, but not all.

In between my jobs, I had the opportunity to join a stat board. Certainly not my cup of tea at the much slower pace of work. Annual increment is so so; not fantastic. Based on the assumption, I doubt I would have reach my current base salary if I decide to stay on for another 3yrs.

Public sector's promotion is kind of slow as I gathered. No offence..but its for those who like a relax, non challenging and stable work life balance. You gain some..you lose some.