Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 18-08-2022, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How did u cope/find peace and happyness
Look for activities and work that involves less dealing on the frontline with people.

Nasty people call from all circles of life. Low SES or rich all same.

The difference though is how many you have to deal with. It is like buying 4D. Buy more tickets then more chance kena nasty people.

So in the end what you want is deal with less people but can make more money with each encounter. High value work. Which is definitely NOT GP work or Primary Care. Even those MMeder and FCFPS what not, their goal is not to see more patients and help more people. They want to siam as much as they can. Do higher value work like admin, politics, management you get what I mean la.

This is coping.

In order to find happiness you have to know what you yourself like to do. If at this stage of medical career you find yourself cannot stand people anymore, next patient you guarded that might be some crazy unreasonable angry person coming in to complain about wait time and have 1001 questions about this dot on arm, that pain in neck, the tummy not good in LHC, cannot sleep.....then you are jaded and burnout already. Go private? You still in the same mess. No change.

Want to change? either specialize (very hard I know) or change career (also very hard I know).

Or lan lan and shut up.