Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 17-08-2022, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
aiyah, when you are clearly unhappy, leave ba
not as if polyclinic pays v well
end of the day as a doc , ur salary wouldn't be shabby.

Its not as if u making 4K and your family depends on you for all living expenses just barely making ends meet. Boss scold u , customer spit at you u have to tahan for the wellbeing of your family.
FP at polyclinic 15K, go out locum work lesser maybe 10K lor, other months chiong a bit maybe 20K. Dun anyhow spend, there is no way you will be poor in singapore.

Customer unpleasant, document clearly and they can't do sheet to you with SMC, unlike polyclinic boss come and counsel you for being an ' uncaring doctor' and hint hint your bonus will be affected soon liao. Anyway, private seldom got unpleasant patient. Somehow people who pays seem to behave better than those self entitled people out to squeeze every last cent from a 'government service' that polyclinic is looked upon as.
Maybe with polyclinic they can complain without repercussion whereas with a private GP , they can't complain to anyone and SMC bo hiew 'uncaring complains' anyway. If my own clinic stupid patients i just block them for sure. For stupid patients in polyclinic, well, as the old saying goes ' dun piss off the waiter that serves you your food '

life very short. You sound like you do till depressed liao.
Talk to your boss, see if u can ask for 6 months no pay leave.
Meantime do some locum to see how you like it ( technically you can't locum but since u like half hearted want to leave, who cares right? )
Yeah I am depressed thinking of just going to work at poly. Thanks for the advise. Only worry is everyday find locum slots also hard. But im sure can get some job at some chain or along the way maybe can get regular slots also. NPL cant locum. I dont mind locuming for poly half days but they dont want locums . Just full day poly is damn tiring