Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 16-08-2022, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
count again la
firstly where got 110-140/hr during 8-5?
your higher rates is during evening or weekends or must be those super busy clinic that see 50 in one morning.
I think 100 /hr more normal. Also no CPF.

secondly there are additional cost like practicing cert, insurance and the ever bother some CME. in polyclinic CME is open zoom during lunch time , then zone out can liao.

What about MC/ annual leave / FCL / PH and those extra half days for certain PH? You locum no annual leave one hor.

if you count properly , even if u use ur 15K per month, m.med pay with CPF more than locum at 100 per hour.
of course, if u can magically find the locum that pays 150 per hour during 8-5 and dun see like 10 patient an hour, pls go for it. Jio me along pls.

Who say locum no admin. You have to sms people to secure job and keep track. Sometimes that is actually very very tiring one.

I honestly think the best deal for mmeders is to just do ops, and get the relevant benefits (AL/bonus/come etc) and then locum on prn basis (e.g some evening shifts, weekend shifts) for additional income. (Don't have to do every day or weekend, just treat is as like a additional call few days a mth and the additional locum pay is now your call pay &#128514

Just not sure what happens if you get caught ..