Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 14-08-2022, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
=============
i already have MMED but i dont see the point staying on in polyclinic as I cannot accept staying back late on a daily basis to clear the large numbers of " walk in patients who expect the world"

I feel its unfair that my work hours is 8-5 , but im staying back till 6-630 with no additional remuneration. At least if i switch to locuming , I can get paid for myhard work on an hourly basis

If anyone knows how to join the locum google groups pls drop the link here thanks.
snarky commends are unwarranted. MMED is not a big deal, I have it and it holds no value nowadays unless u do fellowship in polyclinic. everyone has mmed.

Lastly, in polyclinic i am a slave to the patients. If the patient complains, my boss always supports the patients. whats the point
you really dont have to respond to the troll you know?

which cluster you at ? sounds like sing health who don't reject walk in and you have your own queue without anyone to help you.
if daily work till 6 to 630 pm , yea, can understand why u so dulan. I would be too. Maybe polyclinic practice not suitable for you.

outside the patient is also your boss la but frankly private patient actually better. One unique feature of Singaporeans where they are more demanding when the service is deemed to a be a 'national service'. Ask for the sky , heaven and 10 thousand standby meds. Private GP wait 2 hours no problem , come polyclinic wait 20 mins can complain why not being seen at appointment time.
Farking hell, as if i am drinking my tea inside and not attending to you.. can you FREAKING SEE THE CROWD OUT THERE? I'm doing my best and seeing u twenty minutes after your appointment time and YOU ARE SCREAMING AND ROLLING YOUR EYES AT ME?
I really hope u suffer a stroke, become paralyzed dually incontinent and die from bedsores after being tormented for months in your own urine being feasted by maggots.

fyi , it is considered abuse of healthcare workers if they demand service that is not reasonable. Many times we don't even know we are being abused.

Get complained is normal one la. If you have not being complained before, you probably are doing medically wrong things giving patient whatever they want. But sometimes must also reflect why you kenna complained. Sometimes it's justified and i think i am wrong too and i learn from it. Other times its just plain ********. Dun let it affect you.
Boss is important. You get those PC boss then better leave or switch polyclinic.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app