Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Roles in accenture singapore
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2022, 09:46 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
4.9k is absolutely hot garbage.

Paypal graduate program pays 5.5k and literally any moron who can code can get in. Same for Visa program, anyone with basic OOP knowledge can get in... this is for 0 YOE btw. There's plenty of better programs for those less technically inclined and better perm roles for the average CS grads.

Also you talk about DBS, are you referring to their SEED program? That's the only tech program I know that some of my uni mates went to. I believe their pay is 5.5k and it's a dumping ground for non-cs kids. Typically most of the CS grads who go there are washed cs grads but still capable enough to coast through the first year of the program without doing much since it's mostly learning period.

Nonetheless, their 5.5k is still better than this 4.9k. Their workload is also a lot easier ( I'm speaking in a CS grad POV btw not a non-dev kid )

I have friends in the Accenture program and it's a lot more work than DBS so no, 4.9k is not better than DBS. It might be a bit better than UOB's 4.5k 1 year program but that comes with a 10k bonus after completion so again, do the math and it's still not better...

If you can counter argue without ad hominem attacks like that crazy "PwningMoron" user ( lol who creates an account just to insult people? Crazy... ), I'll be more than happy to discuss. Otherwise I'll just move on. I just want people to know that there are better places to go so unless you're specifically big on IT Consulting, there's plenty of great tech jobs that are not even FAANG level, let alone medium tech level with better WLB, pay progression, etc.
Lols. I think you got the focus wrong. No one joins accenture to focus on technical work. If coding is your thing, there are better options out there for sure