Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Process Technician/Operation Technician
View Single Post
Old 21-03-2012, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

ST reported last Sat that SRC's basic package is 16.8 months and VB 2 months iirc.

if you're talking about Chevron Oronite and Shell, the basic is 1,450 for ladies a few years ago. for guys, it's the usual 100-200 higher like most companies.

shift allowance is 800 for the refineries/petrochem companies if things haven't changed.

Exxon's VB is 3 months and Shell 6 months right. kindly correct me if i'm wrong or if things haven't changed.

-x-

that aside, are you a fresh grad? i think Chevron should be the easiest to get in. they are the most open to taking in fresh grad and have opening every now and then. they have a few pick up points like bishan, amk and a other places other than jurong east.

Exxon has openings every now and then also but i'm not sure how easy it is to get in. they have point to point pick up in various estates.

Shell and SRC (more so) on the other hand don't have openings often. not sure how hard it is to get in but they have 2 or 3 rounds of interviews. first, they test your physical abilities, lifting and rolling out a fire hose and then rolling it back to the kept state and also lifting of this manual fire gun thing that they use to light their furnace manually.

second one is some computer simulation (what i heard from my friend as i didn't get to this round), could be something like DCS, what you need to control etc, followed by panel interview at the last stage. Shell has 2 shift patterns, 8-hr one for bukom and 12-hr for seraya.

please don't laugh at my descriptions and this is all from my recollections when i wanted to enter the industry years ago. did my internship at infineum but i joined the pharma industry in the end.

maybe you can ask more specific qns?