Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Micron starting pay
View Single Post
Old 27-07-2022, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am assuming you are taking the role of equipment owner. Official working hour is 8-5.30pm. however, as the title suggest, you will "own" certain equipment assigned to you, which means you are the subject matter expert for it. While there will be shift technicians to support the equipment, you will be the person to give instructions and directions solve problems that may arise. Do note that the fab is running 24/7. As a result, there will be chance that the equipment experience a hard down that requires your support even during your off day or after hours. Unfortunately, this is the nature of the job for operations, especially for owners. Be prepared to be very busy and disruptive to your life. However, I also want to note that depending on individuals, while some people do not like this arrangement, there are also many who are fine with it. The good thing about being an equipment owner is that it can be very interesting and fulfilling when you are able to overcome the technical issue. I do not want to sugar coat the role, but I just want to present to you a very objective view of it, basically the pros and cons. It sounds very scary, but no harm trying and get the hang of it first before you decide if you actually enjoy or hate it.
They told me it will be shift work as a equipment engineer. However, they didnt say what kind of shift will I be doing. So I am unsure which shift am I going be. But I heard that alot of people will be in the same situation where they do not know which shift will they be in until end of 3 weeks of training. So I am hoping to know what kind of shift is there?