Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - ST Electronics
Thread: ST Electronics
View Single Post
Old 21-07-2022, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

Default Sucks to be you

Want to share my experience about promotion etc.
I joined in 2019 under 2 year outsource contract.
Then covid happened in 2020. Salary was freeze etc. Renewed in 2020 during the peak of covid.
Was unhappy cause another team member who have been with company since 2017 quit.

I have to do twice the work with same pay etc. No conversion. Management freeze hiring.
If was so bad.

But I endured. Thinking Covid-19 if I still have a job. Its a blessing.
Fast forward. 1 July 2022 I was converted to perm and promoted to senior engineer. The increment was alot. I asked the HR for break down etc. They did adjust my salary with the consideration
That my salary was freezed and on top or that a promotion.

Ofc I'm damn happy!
And the other colleague who quit in covid. Guess what? He joined another division.
Traitor.

And guess what he still project engineer title.
He messaged me out of the blue today trying to **** talk that why I get promoted etc.
He worked longer still E5.

I just told him "management see that I worked hard and value my loyalty so they promoted me to keep me lo. Not like you jump ship"

Now he regret that he quit. I told him no use one la. If you don't quit. I can't get promoted haha.
So it's a good thing you quit.

Anyway lesson is. Sometimes you might think quitting and joining another offer is a better approach but in the long run, management is human. Why would they promote someone who wants to quit?

Make no sense.

Anyway his lost.
And oh I'm not the only one who promoted. Quite a number in my division was promoted from all ranks. E6, M1, M2, even one 20 plus year engineer finally promotef to senior principal engineer. Get his own office now.

Its all about timing. And opportunities.
My traitor ex colleague can enjoy being a low level project engineer in the other division. Since he just joined like 1 year less, his promotion also won't happen until 2 to 3 years later.

Maybe that time I might be promoted to M1.
I'm so happy hahaha. K***, if you are here lurking I hope you read this.. Hahaha