Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 19-03-2012, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ok. i will try polys seems they are more receptive..

i don't agree on e passion part though.... how can MOE judge person
s passion becos of person choice?... it should be based on professionalism and performance (if i have credentials /attitude to teach in e 1st place..)..... i may be not be as bad teacher (initially - yes..) compare to experienced teaches in time to come....

my uni dean (59) used to be financial controller ... she gives up good life for family to teach for 20 years... she dont have passions for 20 years... ...
look i can vouch for a fact that government ppl HATE banking ppl. They r jealous of their high pay so when one day someone from banking wants to switch over, this is their only opportunity to snub them and say i told u so.

unfair? not really. when a government worker wants to swtich to banking, the banker will throw his resume into the dustbin and say irrelevant.

works both ways.

u can argue all u like this is not fair, blah blah. when u apply job n enter the interview room, u will know what it is like, that is, if u even get to enter.

if i am u i will go join a small investment firm and make use of ur finance exp. i am assuming u r a IB FO. Many ppl say they work in IB, but actually they r just in ops, IB ops.