Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 19-03-2012, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
if it's still low five digits, then you may have to face 50% cut.

but you may not even pass the first interview, because no matter how you explain, it's obvious that you are only now attracted to the teaching profession because you are tired of IB and want a "good" life now. first, they know you lack the passion. second, they do not want to portray teachers as having good lives - in many teachers' mind, teaching is the hardest job there is.

but you can try the polys. there's a demand to have banking and finance talent in their teaching teams, esp now when parents and students realize finance is the way to go, and avoiding engineering and sciences like plague. and life's pretty good in the polys too!

Ok. i will try polys seems they are more receptive..

i don't agree on e passion part though.... how can MOE judge person
s passion becos of person choice?... it should be based on professionalism and performance (if i have credentials /attitude to teach in e 1st place..)..... i may be not be as bad teacher (initially - yes..) compare to experienced teaches in time to come....

my uni dean (59) used to be financial controller ... she gives up good life for family to teach for 20 years... she dont have passions for 20 years... ...